Sunday, November 8, 2009

Have A Seat - Cards Blog Challenge

Over on the Cards blog the challenge is to create Thanksgiving place cards. I drew my inspiration from my fall centerpiece on my kitchen table. I love the warm colors and the stained glass panels. You should see that thing glow in the evening with the candle lit. So comforting.


For my place card, I used Illustrator to draw my leaf, then printed it onto cardstock and cut it out. I did some sponging around the edges to give it that variegated color and then added some faux stiching around the edges as well. To finish, I wrote in the name with an SU! stampin write marker and added a button. Super simple! (and now I have a leaf template that I can print in any size or color I want! ;o) Bonus)

Project Supplies

Ink:Stampin' Up! Really Rust, Creamy Caramel, Stampin' Write Marker in Dusty Durango
Cardstock:PTI Summer Sunrise
Other:White Gel pen, twine, and PTI vintage buttons

5 comments:

  1. Dawn, I just stumbled across your blog this morning. It's fabuous!! One question...why aren't you selling your cards? As I say that, I'm thinking you might and I just didn't look hard enough. They are gorgeous. You have such a clean style, yet so classy and pleasing to the eye. I WILL BE BACK!
    I know this post is so random, I was just really impressed. Please keep up the great work.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Angie, I am beyond flattered! As for selling my cards, um, I just haven't really thought about it. But now that you mention it, maybe I will open an Etsy shop. I am however working on an exciting venture that does include selling something. ;o) But I am not ready to reveal it yet, so definitely check back often. I will have some big news after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so creative dawn..... lovely.... how little little things around us can b inspirational......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm, hi, beautiful place setting! Meant to comment on this earlier and NOW THAT IT'S FEATURED on the card's blog, I feel a little "late for dinner!" Hee Hee But either way - YOU ARE FABULOUS! Love your inspiration piece and how you made it YOURS! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest