Saturday, May 22, 2010

U Rock!

You do, you really, really do. ;o)

Today's card is a fun boy card that my oldest, Hunter, helped me pick out the colors for. Green is his favorite color, so I was not surprised when he picked it.

I used Design Basics: Backgrounds I to stamp a single strip in black first on the card base. Then I took a 1.5" strip of black cardstock and stamped a single row on it with Versamark and embossed using Detail White embossing powder. To add a little something without get too frilly, I used the single star from Kisses & Cuddles and randomly added some stars to the green panel. Some chipboard alphas, and a pop of red buttons and I'd say "Done".

Super simple and Hunter gave it a thumbs up. Hope you are having a great weekend. I'm off to spend some time with the boys. We are going to try to get the boat out for some tubing and maybe some fishing. Fun!

-----------------------------------------------------

Project Supplies

Stamps
Design Basics: Backgrounds I and Kisses & Cuddles by Wplus9 Design Studio
Ink
Versamark; Black pigment ink by ColorBox
Cardstock
Glorious Green, Basic Black by Stampin' Up!; Stamper's Select White by Papertrey Ink
Other
Chipboard Alphabet by DCVW; Vintage Buttons in Pure Poppy by Papertrey Ink; Embossing Powder by Stampendous; Corner Rounder by Stampin' Up!

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute Dawn :) I love when your son plays along its adorable! Thank you for the sweet comment I had a lot of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to hear you working with your son, he picked some spot on colors, the green and black are just plain neat and the red really pops against the green. Thanks for showcasing your background stamp in a different way too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this saying....I realy do!!! What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Dawn; just GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, honey! If this isn't the MOST adorable inspiration - EVER! How flippin' cute is YOUR boy! I love that his favorite color made this card SO magical! We all know how challenging the proverbial "boy" card is to begin with... This is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Green is my son's favorite color too! I really like the way you stamped the Design Basic Background off of the green cardstock onto the white, it really adds interest! Super fun card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin' this fun, bright design! I have to laugh...I live in Fleming Island but had to go to 2S4Y to find you right here under my nose! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest